Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Talk Thursday: Breaking Habits

The reality of life is that we are always creating, maintaining, and breaking habits. I’ve broken my share, committed myself to a slew more… probably for the rest of my life. Darn it’s hard to quit food. I burn fast and hard; I burn out fast and hard. With me there is little or no in between. When I burn out there is no going back and that folks is really the pits. I can rattle off a litany of hobbies, crafts, and activities I’ve gotten into, been consumed by, and then dropped like a rock to never look back.

That is the sad story of my sad, sad existence. I miss some of those hobbies (crocheting and stained glass.) I miss some of those habits (body building, surfing, parasailing, darmn I miss hiking.) Damn, I miss being able to wear a bikini.

What I have noticed is that as I age the more in grained in my ways of habit I am. I create habits at work that make my morning flow, my shift changes and I create more habits. When something upsets my flow it is more difficult for me to adjust and over come. I’ve become comfortable and comforted by my habits. And I’ll be darned if I know if that is good or if that is bad.

Sith,
Cele

0 comments: