Saturday, November 01, 2008

Talk Thursday: All Hallow's Eve

Haunts and Howls

No moon walks the autumn sky
Where scattered leaves
On night winds fly.
Black cats slink and walk the dark
Espying kids
Their hallowed lark.
Pumpkins watch on darkened stoops
A solemn owl
From a pine tree hoots.
Haunts and howls,
And things that scream
Lurk about at Halloween.
Witched decked in dark and black
Go door to door
for their midnight snack.
Pirates swagger,monsters growl,
from house to house
They are on the prowl.
Ghost and goblins fly the night
And little kids
are dressed for fright.
At each door Begging tricks or treats
Little ghosties
Hunt Halloween sweets.

© 29 October 2008 Calista Cates-Stanturf

4 comments:

JulieAnn said...

This was loverly. A wonderful poem that pulled me right into the spirit of Halloween. :0)

(my word verification, btw, is 'logies' he he he)

Angie K. Millgate said...

Awesome! Nice poem and nice pic!

Anonymous said...

Very very very nice.

Miss you, big time. It was good chatting on yahoo over the weekend. I'm coming out of my "dark" phase - and it feels good to be back online again.

Hugs to you, my friend.

Cele said...

JulieAnn - It may have been a day late, but better late than never. I love halloween.

Abgue - Thank you, I look forward to carving pumpkins each year. The guy across the street did a puppy face on his. I'm jealous.

Sid - Oh my dear friend miss you and am glad you're coming out of the dark. But between you, me, and the net you needed it. Welcome back.