Saturday, June 05, 2010

Talk Thursday: Fuzzy Navels

I’m still contemplating that Fuzzy Navel, I much prefer to be imbibing one at this time of the evening. But, yeah, that ain’t happening anytime soon. I’m out of Peach Schnapps. Drats! Lately I’ve been having troubles falling asleep. Thinking it was the six year old Beauty Rest mattress piece of crap, I bought a new Comfort-Pedic. I’m still having trouble falling asleep. For a foam mattress it’s pretty firm, I like firm, but this is firm-extreme. I’ll adapt.

During our vacation to Vegas I broke myself of the sleep aide habit. In truth I didn’t use a sleep aide the entire time we were gone, didn’t miss it, fell senselessly into sleep each night after rolling over. Three weeks after returning home I was still having trouble falling asleep. Seemingly, I have become a light sleeper in my old age. Friday nights I’ve been allowing myself a sleep aide to get a good night’s sleep, but well I think “good night’s sleep” is relative. I don’t want to become dependent again. Sometimes I take a pill on Saturday nights too. The first step of dependence denial.

Ducky got me hooked on the “Real” Housewives of Orange County. Having been raised on the LA/OC County line and the beaches Balboa during my childhood summers, it was kind of like revisiting my old stomps. Except the botox vixens of the OC live in LaLa Land of Excessive Life Styles that are anything but normal. That evolved into watching the “Real” Housewives of New York City. I love the personalities, but I’ve come to realize that this totally screws up my sleep patterns. The personalities are negative and toxic. I can’t break myself of the addiction. I tired. Really. I was able to get past not watching Thursday night. Then, I caught part of it over the weekend. And caught up. The second step of denial.

So Thursday night I tried a Margarita. Despite the bucket having been in the freezer since last summer, not bad. I had two and slept like a baby until about two o’clock. Now you’re thinking. “Three hours, that’s not a quality sleep.” But if you’re like me two and a half to three hours of uninterrupted sleep is heavenly. Not that I want to create a margarita habit that will require a twelve step plan, but I’m good at the moment. And really the tequila is much better than the Peach Schnapps.

Cheers,
Cele

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know that you don't want a sleep aid habit, but not sleeping well isn't healthy either. I think you need to go back to your doctor and get something to help.

I love you!

I'd tell you my secret, but... well you might not want to hear it!

foundinidaho said...

I like the OC housewives (in the "I'm better than you sense, lol) but I can't get into any of the others. As far as the sleep goes, I'd take 8 hours of uninterrupted unworries sleep and think I'd died and gone to heaven. Maybe that would be the case, in fact. :)