Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I will not whine, I will not whine, I will not whine.

Part of my 2008 New Year’s Resolution, a scant two months past, was to not whine. I’ve been holding up my end of the bargain, which makes me think I missed the mark.

Remember the easy days of resolutions made and broken a mere three days later? To not chew gum or ice—well I was wearing braces at the time…for eight friggin’ years. To not pig out on chocolate. What did I think, it was Lent? I’m not even Catholic. What, I thought my resolve better than my hormones or my Sweet Tooth? Or to not litter. Okay, I still don’t break that one. Er… it is not littering if its bio-degradable and not lit. To lose weight. That’s a train wreck waiting to happen, unrealistic, masochistic, and just plain old hateful.

So, no whining and I’m doing pretty good. I am indulging on all sorts of things to keep myself happy.

Spend, Spend, Spend. In fact, we finally bought that hot tub we’ve been giving each other as an anniversary present for several years running. Thinking that we would have weeks to prepare, we’d been waiting for good weather to begin digging the slab foundation. Remember this is the Oregon Coast. But Saturday afternoon we found out it will be ready in about two weeks. So now poor Ducky is digging like a mad badger. Setting up the frame and thinking about the wiring and permits.

I on the other hand am thinking out why I didn’t resolve to lose weight, so my triple elastic size butt will fit in to a bathing suit. Oh, shit! I’m fifty two, that means I will have to wear something age appropriate. If I buy purple and or red shoot me, please. Ducky says just go suitless. It could be he’s delusional or I won’t let him get his eyes tested.

We do have our best helper on the job


Burp wants a diving board.


Sith
Cele

2 comments:

Angie K. Millgate said...

LOL!

You are great, Cele!

And I am with Ducky... no bathing suit. Damn! It's your own backyard, baby! Go butt naked!!!

WOOOOOhoooooooooo

Cele said...

I'm not bold or self confident enough to do that even by myself. But I should.