Thursday, January 03, 2008

Talk Thursday – In The Shadows of My Mind I See…

In corners deep the shadows sleep, memories in safekeeping. To be taken out and stroked, memories polished with love and care, sharpened with growth and knowledge, softened by passion and time.

In those corners the shadows keep the childhood days gone by. Of my joyous youth, carefree and light, sunshiny puddles to color everyday bright, splashing and plashing against the rigors of life chasing darkness and sorrow away.

The corner shadows of my mind keep the ones I love a treasure sweet. The constant path traced from heart to soul, soul to head, and head to heart. Golden slumbers in the shadows my sweet loved ones await me. Their nearness ever a comfort, bringing ease to my heart, calm to my thoughts, and peace in my soul.

The shadows sleep in the corners deep tired from the way of the world. Nooks and crannies heaped in thought, lessons learned, lovers spurned, and wounds both young and old. Sleeping wrongs forgotten long, never to wakened in their resolved. Lovers lost in heart-rending pain, crusted over with wont and woe, ever tender to the touch, replaced by those much better.

In corners deep the shadows keep the essence of me. My soul was built in the universe on memories, measured in time against the experiences of today and of yesterday and the promise of tomorrows, sweet or sad and still yet to come.

Sith,
Cele

3 comments:

Sideon said...

"...sunshiny puddles to color everyday bright..."

"...replaced by those much better."

"My soul was built in the universe on memories, measured in time against the experiences of today and of yesterday and the promise of tomorrows, sweet or sad and still yet to come."


Wonderful wonderful words, Cele.

J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Pure poetry, Cele. Absolutely lovely. Thank you!

JulieAnn said...

There are no words for how beautiful this post is. Pure poetry, as JM said. Made my heart do a dance.