Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Friends are gifts you give yourself

Friends are gifts you give yourself

Merry Christmas! The adage is old, but the content forever
up to date and constantly being up dated, Friends are gifts
you give yourself. I learned a rhyme as a Brownie all the way
back in second grade.

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver
and the other's old.


It's as simple as that. In this season of giving I want to say thank
you to my friends. The old ones who are gold, the shiny new ones
who are my silver, and the ones I will make in 2007. You are my
constant companions. My inspiration. My conscience. The
humorous gifts I receive every morning.

Rose, Natalie, and Peggy. The friends who will be with me long into
my old age. You are my countless blessings each and everyday.
Thank you for the yesterday's we've shared, the today's in which we
laugh and cry, and the tomorrow's that will be countless wonders.

Jake, Jen, Joss, and Mir you are such delightful surprises.

My gold and my silver. Provocative. Invaluable. Constant. Sinfully delicious.

To my new friends. Rick, Mary Lisa, Jazzy, and Sideon I look forward to
many mornings of coffee and blogs.

Merry Christmas!
Sith
Cele

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such an honor to be your friend. You are a gift to me.
Love you back!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Cele, right back at you!

(I'm staring at my Honeymann State Park refrigerator magnet as I say this.)

Jake

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Wow, how sweet are you??? Thanks for the great comments over on my blog all the time. I consider you a new friend too.

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Merry Christmas, Cele. I hope yours is all you hope for.

Sideon said...

I'm blushing. Blushing, I say :)

Thank you. I'm indebted to you and others in the blogosphere who have enriched my life. Friends are the best kinds of surprises in life.

Be well.