Thursday, July 23, 2009

Photo Friday: My Favorite Spot

I'm falling behind on my post. My favorite spot is my home or most anywhere Ducky is. That is where I am happy. So here is a picture of my newest garden, it is where I have spent the majority of my summer so far.





Ducky took the sod out in mid Spring, it has taken me this long to get the hard compacted clay broken up and mixed with the native sand and some good mushroom compost. This side of the garden is strickly for cutting, so if you have flower suggestions for zone 7a/8b/9 (it depends on the map) let me know.

My lily garden? Not looking so great this year. I need to take a lily class.


2 comments:

Maya said...

Good job! I had nothing for this one...

Steven said...

It's looking like a beautiful spot to be and relax. Perhaps some meditation as well.

If you're looking to make this a perennial garden, I'd add some tulips, blue asters, black-eyed susans, clematis, iris, foxglove, hibiscus.