Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Great MeMe Stolen from CV Rick ~ Ah, Life Is Good

Stolen Straight from the page of CV Rick who features a MeMe each and every Saturday. This one is delicious….

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Costa, the fastest growing coffee shop chain in Britain released a survey showing the habits of readers. 77% of British readers enjoed a book so much that they reread it, and then the survey went on to list the 20 most ReRead books.
This meme centers on that list. The object: For each of these books, tell us whether you've read it, enjoyed it, and whether you enjoyed it so much that you read it more than once. At the end tell us which three books, on the list or not, that you've reread more than any others.

1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling -
I’ve read none of these books, but I have watched and own at least the first three movies, err is that four.

2. The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
I’ve read this series at least eight times. My Favorite Books of all time. And yes, I own the movies, but I take issue with some of the content change in the movies.

3. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
I am a Jane Austen fan. I own the book, I’ve read it several times, Austin is great inspiration for my poetic voice. I own the movie.

4. The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien
I have read it once or twice.

5. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Required reading in high school, the movie was good.

6. 1984 by George Orwell
A favorite book of my second husband, I read it back in the 80s.

7. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
Haven’t read it, no intention of reading it, just not interested.

8. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis
I read it years ago with my daughter.

9. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I’ve read this one more than once. I never found Heathcliff that interesting.

10. Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
I know I’ve read it, but I can’t remember it.

11. Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
Have never even heard of this book.

12. To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
Required reading in high school

13. Flowers in the Attic by Virginia Andrews
Nope, I have never been there and never wish to go there. This maybe the only book my third husband has ever read.

14. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
When I was a kid.

15. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett
Never heard of it.

16. The Bible - (by a lot of ordinary everyday men.)
Defiantely, but I only revisit the gospels.

17. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Another favorite of my reading exhusband (number two), but I’m not sure I’ve read it.

18. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
Haven’t read it, saw the movie, blechk.

19. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Never read it, never seen the movie. But I loved the Carol Burnett spoof.

20. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
I can’t remember, but it seems it was required reading at one time, but then that could have been a Tale of Two Cities. Who knows.

The three books I've read the most number of times:

The Lord of the Rings – My all time favorite book – at least 8 reads, and by golly it’s just about time for another.

The Stand – I’ve read this probably five or six times, a masterpiece.

Pride and Predjudice – I love Austin’s writing, I’ve read this book and all of her books (I have the library) several times and will definitely go back for more.

Have you noticed Rick has lots of great blogs to steal? Thanks Rick.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I was just working endlessly the other day and I had seen this list of rereads. I thought, "Hey, I've read most of those. I wonder if the rest of my friends have?" So, I made a meme out of it.